Following the announcement from our Prime Minister – Tuesday 24 March, Campgrounds are considered essential by Government so are allowed to operate during Alert 4.
We will remain open but with some changes to the way that we will be operating.
This is to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers and staff.
What we are offering:
* We can only accept fully self-contained campers or caravans to stay with us during Alert-4
* If you are a domestic traveler (NZMCA or living in your van) you will need to stay at the site for the four weeks – Alert 4 requirements.
* If you are an International traveler in a fully self-contained vehicle, you are can stay with us for one night or more. One condition – you must have arrived into New Zealand before the 16 March 2020.
* Powered sites with large distances between campers or caravans in a very large campground
* Water (town supply) at every site
* Dump station
* Laundry room will be open 24/7
* Large open space of fresh air with estuary/sea at our back door.
How to book:
* Call 09 4327590 to make a booking, if no one answers please leave a message
* Email us at email@example.com with the day you wish to arrive and your situation – international or domestic traveler
* Powered site fee – $30.00 per night for 2 people
* Camp-saver member – $20.00 per night for 2 people
* Water, dump station – free
* Laundry room – $4.00 washing machine $4.00 dryer
* WIFI – 500mb free, then different charges for data packages
* Must be fully self-contained
* If international, must have arrived in New Zealand before 16 March 2020
* No toilets, showers and kitchens are open or available for use.
* Fully self-contained means own shower, toilet, holding tanks for waste and fresh water
* A staff member will be on-site at all times to ensure everyone’s well-being and safety is being followed with self-isolation and physical distancing
* Barrier gates at entrance, so only paid campers can access the campground
* Large distances between vans for everyone’s safety in self-isolation Alert-4 period
We will keep our website regularly updated as things change over the coming weeks and look forward to resuming normal business operations in the future.
Please stay safe and be kind.
COVID-19 Update – 23 March 2020
Government has just released Alert Level 4 to commence in 48 hours and will continue for a four week period.
This means that unfortunately we will have to close the camp for this four-week period as from Wednesday 25 March, 2020.
Easter – this means that we will not be open for Easter now.
All affected bookings can either receive a credit against their name which will be valid until 1 February 2021 or a refund.
Please advise which option you would like to take.
We look forward to seeing you all again once our country has gotten through this.
Take care of each other over this unknown time ahead.